Re: differing behavior of ldapsearch

--On Wednesday, April 13, 2011 2:48 PM -0400 Michael Slack <antonius.slack@gmail.com> wrote:

I seem to remember that ldapsearch with the default connect will open
the DB files directly and read them ???  If so, why can ldapsearch
find the object, but slapd can't.  If not, what is happening that
allows the previous option set to succeed while the second option set
fails?

ldapsearch does no such thing. All it ever does is contact an LDAP server over the specified URI. Now since your command works when you don't specify a URI, I advise you to look at the ldap.conf settings to see what ldapsearch fills in when you don't supply all the options.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.