Re: slapo-accesslog

> slapo-auditlog writes to a LDIF file. But deploying the overlay
> today is not recommended. Don't remember the details though.

slapo-autitlog is for auditing -updates- to the LDAP data.  I need to log -queries- to the LDAP data.

> But writing to a CSV file seems odd anyway. What exactly do you
> want to do? If you want to synchronize data you should not do
> that via CSV files.

I want to be able to generate a monthly/weekly/daily report that tells me which clients have been hitting the OpenLDAP server hardest, in terms of read queries.  I think I may have several clients that are either configured incorrectly or malfunctioning that are hitting the server harder than they should be.  Currently I'm using trafshow to show the amount of TCP data being transmitted, but it doesn't tell me -what- is being transmitted.  I'd like to know what those malfunctioning/misconfigured hosts are actually asking the server to do.

Tim Gustafson
Baskin School of Engineering
UC Santa Cruz
tjg@soe.ucsc.edu