Re: RHEL 6 OpenLDAP 2.4.19-15.el6 init problem

On 31/03/11 08:04 +0100, Markus Moj wrote:

Hey,

We are faceing a weird problem with our LDAP running on Red Hat 6.0. When
we start our OpenLDAP with the init script as "root" the ldap server starts
without problems or errors and seems to be runnig ok. If you connect with
an LDAP Browser like Apache Directory Studio and try to edit some
parameters in cn=config you get the following error.

[LDAP: error code 80 - internal error (cannot create file)]

But when you start the LDAP server with "/usr/sbin/slapd -h ldap:/// -u
ldap" as the init script does, everything is working just fine and you are
able to make every change you need to.

Someone out there who has the same problem or already a solution or
workaround for this problem?

Does your init script also specify a group/gid? Does it make a difference
if you specify one?

--
Dan White