Re: 8 principal limitation in openldap

Srivatsav M wrote:
Hi,

We are using OpenLDAP for authenticating users registered in a LDAP server
(Open LDAP, Active Directory). After adding 8 principals (/etc/ldap.conf),
none of the users registered in the /etc/ldap.conf file are able to login.

nss_base_passwd
OU=engg,DC=mycompany,DC=region,DC=someplace,DC=myarea,DC=compname,DC=parentcompname
nss_base_shadow
OU=engg,DC=mycompany,DC=region,DC=someplace,DC=myarea,DC=compname,DC=parentcompname
nss_base_group
OU=engg,DC=mycompany,DC=region,DC=someplace,DC=myarea,DC=compname,DC=parentcompname

Can you please share the reason for this 7 limitation in the open ldap
library. or how I can fix this issue. I am looking i for the header file in
the source files whhich has this constant or limitation defined.

I think you mean "RDN" not "principal". And there is no such limitation in any OpenLDAP code. You're talking about nss-ldap; you should ask your question on their mailing list.

--
  -- Howard Chu