Re: Fw: Trying to start Slapd, bad conf file.

--On Monday, March 21, 2011 9:07 AM -0700 Noel Akins <nakins@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

When I try to start slapd I get a failed message saying the config file
is bad.  What I have below is what was uncommented in slapd.conf as it
came in the package.   I installed Openldap via yum on my 1and1 VPS which
has CentOS.  It would seem that the Openldap package for CentOS puts
things in different places then in other distributions, and it also seems
that this conf file is a bit more complex then what I see in introductory
material on LDAP/Openldap, which isn't helping me to learn this.
If you have any suggestions or can point out what is wrong here, I would
greatly appreciate it.

I suggest you start slapd with additional debugging levels so you can see what it is unhappy about.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.