RE: [Solved] Poor performance on Solaris

Hi Howard,

On-chip ethernet interfaces are currently not used for slapd,
They are currently used for management access and netbackup.
Zones running slapd use nxge type ethernet interfaces.

Did some quick tests. Increasing threads to 64 caused
higher cpu utilization but also a dramatic decrease
in performance on OpenLDAP releases 2.4.2[34].

That could not be compensated by increasing listener_threads.
Have tested values default, 4 and 8 for listener threads.

Staying with 32 threads and setting listener_threads to 4
Increased searches/s from 37000 to 48000.
More listener_threads had no significant impact.

CPU utilization by slapd was at about 65%.

Juergen Sprenger