Re: ldap auth does not works after openldap upgrade

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 8:51 AM, Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:
Andrew Findlay wrote:
On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 05:08:43PM -0200, Leonardo Carneiro wrote:

fileserver:/etc/ldap# /usr/sbin/slapd -h ldapi:/// ldap:/// -g openldap -u
openldap -F /etc/ldap/slapd.d -d 128

Aha! Your server is using LDAP-based config so it is ignoring the config
file entirely.

Does these changes that we are making into slapd.conf really being
processed? Normally, i see just the "-F /etc/ldap/slapd.d" flag and never
the "-f /etc/ldap/slapd.conf".

I suspect the config file was converted to a config dir during the
Debian upgrade process, so the file is now being ignored.

I also suspect that there may not be a valid password set on the
cn=config suffix, so you will not be able to manage the server through
LDAP either.

Since it's starting on ldapi:/// he should just do a SASL EXTERNAL bind on ldapi:// using Unix root. Pretty sure Debian packages it with the appropriate authz-regexp already configured.

Tks for the tips guys. I'll try all this stuff at launch time here in Brazil (about 2 hours from now). There are to many users using Samba right now, and every time I have to restart the OpenLDAP something on samba crashes.

As far as i'm concerned, i didn't have the need to use SASL, and it seems that all this SASL mechanism was auto-introduced in my setup after the upgrade. Is it safe to edit /etc/defaults/slapd and remove the "ldapi:///" parameter in SLAPD_SERVICES line or i can break something very hard doing this?