MinGW & IPv6?

I apologize if I am posting to the wrong group.  I am currently trying to
configure v2.4.23 with the --enable-ipv6 and I get back the following error:

configure: error: IPv6 support requires getaddrinfo() and inet_ntop()

I was able to get around the getaddrinfo() by defining _WIN32_WINNT 0x501.
This apparently tells mingw that this is being compiled on XP which is the
minimum for IPv6 support.

This leaves me with inet_ntop() which really doesn't exist in Windows land
(bummer).  I did find this piece of code with is a bit over my head.  Could
this be inserted into the OpenLDAP code somewhere as a wrapper?

http://www.mail-archive.com/users@ipv6.org/msg02107.html

Thanks
Eric