Re: Is attribute options supported?

> Hello,
>
> 	Is attribute options supported in openldap (version 2.4.21)?
>
> 	In RFC 2251 (LDAPv3) the attributes in search could be specified as
> attribute_name;options, so you could indicate options in the return of
> the attributes.
>
> 	Specifically, what I want to do is: I have attributes wich value is a
> URN, so I want to get just a special part of the URN, that is:
>
> Traditional search:
>
> Ldap filter: (mail=user@mydomain.com)
> Atributos: mail, schacPersonalUniqueID
> Result:
> mail: user@mydomain.com
> schacPersonalUniqueID:
> urn:mace:terena.org:schac:personalUniqueID:es:12345678Q
>
> Search with options:
> Ldap filter: (mail=user@mydomain.com)
> Atributos: mail, schacPersonalUniqueID;x-urn-7
> Result:
> mail: user@mydomain.com
> schacPersonalUniqueID: 12345678Q
>
> 	I have tried this with a standard configuration, but it isn't working:
>
> amateo@joshua:~$ /usr/bin/ldapsearch ... mail=user@mydomain.com
> schacPersonalUniqueID;x-urn-7
> # extended LDIF
> #
> # LDAPv3
> # base <dc=Telematica> with scope subtree
> # filter: uid=amateo
> # requesting: irisClassifCode
> #
>
> # amateo, Usuarios, telematica
> dn: uid=user,ou=People,dc=mydomain,dc=com
>
> # search result
> search: 2
> result: 0 Success
>
> # numResponses: 2
> # numEntries: 1
> x-urn-1: orden no encontrada
>
> 	Is it supported? Do I have to configure anything in the slapd server?

Attribute options are supported; however, what you seem to desire is a
non-standard extension.  What I infer from your message (please correct me
if I'm wrong) is that by adding ";x-urn-7" you expect the server to parse
the value of that attribute and extract the seventh colon-separated token.
 This, as far as I know, has nothing to do with attribute options.  If you
request "<attr>;<option>", OpenLDAP's slapd will return only those
occurrences of "<attr>" defined with the option "<option>".  Options other
than "lang-*" need to be defined in slapd.conf according to the
"attributeoptions" statement.

p.