Re: understanding ACLs: dn.subtree vs. attrs=@something

Ok, I found my problem: I was ldap-searching for uid=username, but did not realise that since uid is also defined in acmeUserAccount, its restricted everywhere. If I would search for cn=username, that would work with access to attrs=@acmeUserAccount. That means I would get results form the unix tree.

So, sorry for bothering you, and thanks a lot for helping me think with this discussion ;-)

Isaac