Re: Asynchronicity

Shankar Anand R wrote:

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 5:57 PM, Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com
<mailto:hyc@symas.com>> wrote:

    Shankar Anand R wrote:

        Hi,

        Is there any workaround way by which we will be able to do a
        DIGEST-MD5 - SASL
        LDAP bind asynchronously?

        Howard: Is there a plan to have an asynchronous
        ldap_sasl_interactive_bind in
        the near future? Any time lines for that?

    No future plan. It's in CVS as of October 13, so it's already in the past.

Great! Thanks for the information.
I understand that the openldap project does not follow strict release dates.
But I see that there is an average of 3 months between 2.4.x and 2.4.x+1. Can
you help me by giving an approximate date when 2.4.24 will be released (with
this fix)?

No idea. You can help by actually using/testing the code and giving feedback on how it worked out for you. If it still has problems, then it cannot be released sooner. If no one is actually going to use it, then it will not be released.

--
  -- Howard Chu