RE: uniqueMember attribute is not suffixmassaged if attribute is not mapped and changed

I solved this on our setup with the following rewrite rules:
for bases dc=c,dc=b,dc=a   to   dc=b,dc=a

rewriteContext searchFilter
rewriteRule "(.*)memberUid=(.*)ou=people,dc=c,dc=b,dc=a(.*)" "%1memberUid=%2ou=people,dc=b,dc=a%3" ":"
rewriteContext searchResult
rewriteRule "(.*)memberUid=(.*)ou=people,dc=b,dc=a(.*)" "%1memberUid=%2ou=people,dc=c,dc=b,dc=a%3" ":"

This intercepts the queries of the group memberships and updates the DN, since the attributes are not of the DN type, thus do not get updated by the suffix massage, then intercepts the response and converts the DN back to what the querier is expecting (basically doing with suffix-massage does).

Change memberUid to whichever membership attr you are using, and the edit the base dns to your setup as well.
(yeh, this goes against the attr definition, but works in our 2307bis schema setup for posixGroup groups).

-T