Re: Configuring OpenLDAP 2.2 with gdbm

Benjamin Griese wrote:
Hi Prentice,

in general you're right I wouldn't say something if he had a release
in the lower 2.4s, but the version he is using is _two major_ releases
behind. Probably when he fixed his original problem, its not too far
away to think of the next problem due to a bug thats already fixed in
a newer version.
Thats the only point I was thinking of by saying that.

Not to mention that gdbm was never a safe DB mechanism, it has a lot of thread safety issues. No matter what, sticking with it would be a mistake. And nobody on the Project will support anything that old. We've already dropped support for 2.3 now; if you're not on 2.4 by now then don't bother posting to these lists.

Bye.