Re: questions about openldap replication

Am 07.10.2010 11:15, schrieb plug bert:
> Hi All,
>
> i've read through the replication section of the admin guide, but i'm still not clear on the ff:
>
> 1. For push-type setups, do i really need to set up a sync proxy? the docs seem to imply this is necessary only if there are firewall restrictions, yet i haven't seen any examples of a push setup w/o a proxy.
>
> 2. Is it possible to set up a push delta-syncrepl scheme?
>
> 3. In a syncrepl/delta-syncrepl push setup, how does the master know where the replicas are?
>

> Things were a bit simpler with slurpd...ah, progress B)
>
> tia

Hi,

I think you misunderstood the docs there. If you speak about "push
replication" you mean "RefreshAndPersist", right? That doesn't mean that
the master connects to the slaves and pushes the changes to them.

With "RefreshAndPersist" the slaves connect to the master and keep that
connection open indefinitely (and reconnect if it goes down), waiting
for the master to "push" changes through that open connection.

Regards,
Christian Manal