Re: A LDAPS related issue

On Wednesday 22 September 2010 19:05:58 Michael Ströder wrote:
> Ralf Haferkamp wrote:
> > If you really want the TLS context recreated with each iteration I
> > think you can just call:
> > ldap_set_option( NULL, LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_NEWCTX, LDAP_OPT_ON);
> > after the above calls.
>
> Ralf, does that really work? I did not manage to get
> this working from python-ldap...
Last time I checked it did. That was some month ago. But looking at the
libldap code it might be that LDAP_OPT_ON is probably the wrong value to
pass to it. It seems you need to pass a pointer to an integer. That
integer value is passed as the is_server argument to the functions that
actually initialize the context. So I guess in client code you'd pass a
int pointer to 0.

regards,
	Ralf