Translating back_ldap config to cn=config format

To your mailing list welcome.  I here am new...

I'm trying to configure an LDAP backend, but the man page is still
slapd.conf-style,  and the mappings to cn=config I've tried aren't
working.  For instance, to supply the backend LDAP URL, the man page
lists:

uri <ldapurl>

so I tried this:

olcURI: ldap://foo.bar/

and got

Aug 24 13:30:36 bottom slapd[2265]: UNKNOWN attributeDescription
"OLCURI" inserted.

Maybe I'm just missing the objectClass that defines those attributes,
but I don't know what that would be.  I just have olcDatabaseConfig; I
tried olcLdapConfig, but that wasn't recognized as a legal class name.
 Where can I find the config schema?

Any help, pointers to someplace this is actually documented, etc. appreciated.

Thanks!
--
Mark J. Reed <markjreed@gmail.com>