Re: PROBLEM: can't use SASL to authentication openldap client

On 09/08/10 16:56 +0800, LI Ji D wrote:
Hi,
	My problem is that I expect slapd to authenticate with the password stored in sasldb. But it's not, it uses  the password stored in userpassword attribute of this user which is a item of openldap.
	So I want to know, how can slapd use password stored in sasldb to do the sasl authentication.

I attempted to do this as well and failed. Setting auxprop_plugin to sasldb
did not provide the expected response. Regardless of whether I set it to
slapd or sasldb, the server authenticates my digest-md5 sasl bind using the
internal slapd plugin.

I recommend you file a bug report.

--
Dan White