Re: ldap_start_tls: Connect error (-11)

--On Monday, August 02, 2010 6:05 PM +0100 Russell Knighton <RussellK@motionpicturesolutions.com> wrote:

Okay, interesting advice. Might I ask why?

Because GnuTLS has been problematic from the get-go.

I'm happy to follow your suggestion though. Can you recommend a specific
guide I should follow?

You'll need to rebuild OpenLDAP, use the ./configure script for guidelines.

Out of interest, what does this error actually mean? Is it something
that has been seen before?

Many, many errors have been seen by folks using GnuTLS.

--Quanah

Many thanks,

Russell Knighton

On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 17:34 +0100, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Monday, August 02, 2010 5:00 PM +0100 Russell Knighton
<RussellK@motionpicturesolutions.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm trying to set-up an new openldap service utilising TLS. At the
> moment, it all appears to work fine with out TLS, but unfortunately
it
> always fails with it.

I suggest using OpenSSL instead of GnuTLS.  Or seeing if you can use a
recent GnuTLS.  In general, I advise avoiding GnuTLS.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc