Re: Adding rfc schema clashes

On Tuesday, 13 July 2010 09:53:39 Stuart Cherrington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Think I fixed this one myself, I've replaced the nis.schema with
>  rfc2307bis.schema as it contains everything and more that nis.schema does.

But, not the same ... and you should check that all your clients support
rfc2307bis (e.g., groupOfNames groups with DN-valued member attributes,
instead of posixGroup-only groups with username-valued memberUid attributes).

[...]

> Hi,
>
> Running OpenLDAP 2.4 on RHEL 5.
>
> In order for my SOlaris 10 clients to start using the OpenLDAP service I
>  need the objectclass 'nisDomainObject' to be declared. I found this
>  objecttype in the 'rfc2307bis.schema' file so I've added it into the
>  slapd.conf and now LDAP fails to restart with
>
> /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/nis.schema: line 53 attributetype: Duplicate
>  attributeType: "1.3.6.1.1.1.1.2" slaptest2.4: bad configuration file!

Your other alternative is to just copy the nisDomainObject and related
attributes to a separate schema file.

> I did a quick check the and "1.3.6.1.1.1.1.2" is declared in the nis.schema
>  for the gecos attributetype.
>
> Can I alter the number within the rfc schema?

That wouldn't help ...

Regards,
Buchan