Re: LDAP Master hangs from time to time

--On Friday, July 09, 2010 2:16 PM +0800 Cloud Strife <tipidpc.ataman@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

We have noticed that our Master LDAP hangs every month; i.e. it stopped
processing requests. We're using openldap-2.3.43-3.el5 for LDAP master
and slave machines. Does this version have a known bug? Unfortunately,
upgrading the version in not an option right now, though we're
considering it for the future. Do you have any suggestion/recommendations
besides upgrading?

You could try getting a gdb backtrace of the process to see why it is hung. I assume by hung you mean it has stopped accepting connections, or returning data to existing ones. It could possibly be related to ITS#5728, which is fixed in RE23 CVS but was fixed after 2.3.43 was released.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc