syncrepl only database ACLs?

I've been trying to see if I can synchronize the ACLs for a database from one
master to several other slaves.  If I align the database in the config so it
has the same name/index, it tries to synchronize, but so far I've only been
able to manage either LDAP_NOT_ALLOWED_ON_RDN or a segfault.

Here is the config on the slave when it segfaults:

database config
rootdn blah blah blah
syncrepl  rid=203
    provider=ldaps://ldap.domain.com
    type=refreshOnly
    interval=00:00:10:00
    retry="15 10 300 3"
    binddn="cn=replicator,dc=domain,dc=com"
    bindmethod=simple
    credentials=secret
    searchbase="olcDatabase={1}bdb,cn=config"
    scope=base
    attrs="olcAccess"
    attrsonly
    schemachecking=off

Is this possible to do, or am I fighting a losing battle?