Re: Write through an LDAP Proxy?

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010, Christoph Berkemeier wrote:

i would like to use multiple OpenLDAP Server with Samba. As Samba uses
only one database server, i considered it would be suitable to use a
ldap proxy in front of my master and my slaves servers. I tried it with
the proxycache overlay, but after some testing and combing the internet
for information it seems this does not work for write-request.

It sounds like you're getting write referrals from your replicas. slapo-chain can chase those referrals server-side. You can run test032 to see a chain configuration in action; also read through slapd-ldap(5) and slapo-chain(5) man pages for background.