Re: Help with objectClass and attribute definition.

Hey Techie,

well, if you need an attribute to have hold an information in their, you could take an attribute whatever you want as long as the value fits to it  (or build a schema for your needs on your own, not recommended when the basic attributes are already available).

But for generel pratice I recommend using "self-speaking" and already available objectClasses and attributes as in your case.

You're welcome.
Bye Benni.

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 09:43, Techie <techchavez@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 12:17 AM, Benjamin Griese <der.darude@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ldapns.schema => objectClass hostObject => attribute Host
Thanks Ben, that worked fine. These are user accounts I am adding this
hostObject objectClass to, is this good practice.
Just trying to clarify, I do appreciate the response.

Thanks

--
To be or not to be -- Shakespeare | To do is to be -- Nietzsche | To be is to do -- Sartre | Do be do be do -- Sinatra