Re: DO NOT HI-JACK OIDs [Was: Adding Objectclass account gives object class violation]

On Thu, 2010-04-15 at 13:01 +0200, Zdenek Styblik wrote:
> That's not actually 100% correct, because you can. However, there is
> going to be collision (if his OID hasn't collided already with some
> pre-defined schema) if you are going/plan to use your directory with
> other organizations.
> It's same with IP addresses. You can use whatever [IP] you want. It
> only
> depends how far will you get.
> So please, don't say "can not" if you actually "can". Yes, it doesn't
> make it right, yet it is possible - yes, we can.

Seriously?  Your distinction is completely silly;  "can " and "can not"
applies to social conventions and practices in normal language.  Fine -
you want "don't" OK.  I "can" set fire to buildings, and if someone said
"you can't do that" *everyone* would know *exactly* what they meant.
Please.