Re: slapd wont start

--On Friday, April 09, 2010 12:42 PM +0100 Buchan Milne <bgmilne@staff.telkomsa.net> wrote:

Are you sure the database directory (and all of its contents) for
dc=mydomain,dc=org is writable by the user slapd runs as? Looks like it
isn't  ...

I've seen this numerous times with OpenLDAP 2.3.x and a hard failure. It usually indicates the alock file is in a corrupted state, preventing recovery and startup. Which is why I suggested what I did.

There's been several fixes to alock in 2.4, and I haven't seen this issue there so far.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc