Re: Partial replication

On 03/30/10 18:36, Joe Friedeggs wrote:

Is it possible to replicate, on a slave, two branches of the DIT (only)?  I have several instances of LDAP running on servers throughout the world.  Connection to some of these from our support location is not dependable.  I want to do something similar to this:

Main LDAP (here, master):

dc=example,dc=com

     +--o=support

     +--o=location_A

     +--o=location_B

     +--o=location_C

In Location A (remote slave):

dc=example,dc=com

     +--o=support

     +--o=location_A

In Location B (remote slave):

dc=example,dc=com

     +--o=support

     +--o=location_B

Location A&  B are two different customers, therefore it would not be prudent to replicate Location B's users in Locations A.  But I need the Support group to exist in all locations.

Hello,

Can this be done using syncrepl?

I believe this could be done via 'searchbase="dc=domain,dc=tld"' option.

Thanks,
Joe

Regards,
Zdenek