Re: Re: Re: Pre-requisites to enable SSL/TLS in OpenLDAP 2.4

Thanks, Quanah and Dieter. I was able successfully link TLS/SSL libraries with slapd after installing openssl-devel package. Thanks for your help guys.

But I do have one query: when I used the below command, eventhough configure found the openssl libraries, it gave the warning as "Checking gnutls.h ... no"

Configure: warning: Could not locate TLS/SSL libraries.

Then, when I removed the CPPFLGAS and LDDFLAGS linking openssl libraries, then all worked fine.

Is there any reason, why the openldap configure refers the gnutls ??

env CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/ssl/include -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/lib -R/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/lib -L/usr/local/ssl/lib" LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/lib" ./configure --with-tls