Re: OpenLDAP replicated from Sun One DS 5.2?

David Jeffress <david.jeffress@murraystate.edu> writes:

> Has anyone had any success getting automatic replication working to an openldap from a Sun Directory
> Server?
>
> Our university has a Sun DS that we are not allowed to auth against due to licensing agreements, so
> we want to replicate that ldap to a secondary ldap to use basically as a provisioning LDAP for all of
> our external accounts.
>
> Has anyone had any success with replicating a Sun DS?

The replication method of Sun Directory Server is not in compliance
with RFC-4533, thus a replication out of the box is not possible.
You have to write some sort of workflow to make replication happen.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://dkluenter.de