Re: OpenLDAP does not seem to start

--On Wednesday, January 20, 2010 12:28 PM -0600 sgmayo@mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us wrote:

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Wednesday, January 20, 2010 11:50 AM -0600
sgmayo@mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us wrote:

Is my db corrupted possibly after the electric outage?  If so, is there
fix to run on it or will I just have to have a backup of it?

Thanks for any info.

I suggest looking into the "db_recover" command that matches with the
version of BDB that your OpenLDAP is linked against.  I'm not certain why
you didn't spend some time trying to get error messages from slapd after
rebooting, certainly nss_ldap isn't going to provide anything useful
about why LDAP fails to start.

Thanks.  I will look at the db_recover.  I actually could not find any log
files on slapd unless I am looking for the wrong thing.

I looked in /var/log, /var/lib/ldap, /var/run/openldap and other places,
but could not find any logs.  I checked the ldap.conf and slapd.conf file
also to see if it had the location of where they were, but all I saw was a
256 log level.

Read the slapd man page

Specifically read up on the -d option for setting a debug level at startup for help with things like when slapd won't actually start up all the way.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc