Re: Syncprov & synrepl indices

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 10:59 AM, Jaap Winius <jwinius@umrk.nl> wrote:
When configuring a provider for replication with the syncprov option, using the syncprov-sessionlog option requires searching for the entryUUID attribute. While not a requirement, setting an eq index for this attribute can improve the performance of the session log considerably. For the same reason, setting an eq index for the entryCSN attribute when using the syncprov-checkpoint option is also recommended.

My question is in regard to the consumer. This documentation...

  http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html#Syncrepl

... shows an example consumer configuration (18.3.1.3) that also includes setting eq indices for entryCSN and entryUUID. Is this really useful, or only if the consumer is configured to act as a provider as well?

I would guess that both provider and consumer would benefit from entryCSN and entryUUID indexes, as the consumer will need to compare what is on the provider to it's own local copy, and it would use a local index for that, if present.

Cheers
Brett