Re: How to Clone / move an OpenLDAP instance?

On Thursday, 3 December 2009 11:06:54 Michael March wrote:
> I need to move all the data from one OpenLDAP instance to another
> (including operational attributes). What is the best way to do that?

slapcat;scp;slapadd

http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/dbtools.html#The%20{{EX:slapcat}}%20program

> My first thought was to tar up all the file in /var/lib/openldap (on
> Centos) and move that data over but that doesn't seem to be working.

That should work if the software is the same on old and new, but if they differ
(e.g. architecture - x86 vs x86-64, or old server had newer Berkeley DB
version) it may not.

> Specifically, slapd will not start and no errors are spitting out.

Did you increase debugging?

Regards,
Buchan