Re: Reg Profile in OpenLdap

Asimananda Mohanty wrote:
> Then I created a user asmii like :
>
> dn: uid=asmii,ou=people,dc=ldap-company,dc=com
> objectClass: organizationalUnit
> objectClass: nisDomainObject
> objectClass: posixAccount
> objectClass: shadowAccount

This set of object classes look strange to me for a user entry. I'd recommend
something like this for a user entry:

objectClass: account
objectClass: nisDomainObject (not sure about that)
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: shadowAccount

> Now I need to create a profile so that the LDAP client on Solaris can
> download it.
>
> Please let me know what is this profile and how do I create this.
>
> I googled a bit and found that I need a ObjectClass DUAConfigProfile in
> my LDAP. Is this the ObjectClass I need in my LDAP server? What would I
> do next? How do I connect the user "asmii" with a profile?

You should read and understand http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4876.txt and then
include duaconf.schema in your slapd.conf.

Ciao, Michael.