Re: slapd(8) adds objects without adding structuralObjectClass -> blocks replication

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Tuesday, November 03, 2009 1:31 PM +0100 Christian Haugan Toldnes
> <christian.toldnes@ntnu.no> wrote:
>

>> I'm running openldap 2.4.9 (Ubuntu 8.04.3) in a N-way multimaster setup
>> with two masters and two slaves.
>>
>> Can anyone point me in the right direction here?
>
> I'd suggest you upgrade to the latest stable release (2.4.19).

I would have, if that version was provided by the distribution
maintainers. However, it is not. Using a selv-maintained package, or
even worse, building software directly on our production environment is
not a very viable solution. Anyone with more than some experience in
systems administration will tell you the same thing.

However, I resolved the issue. The bug does not manifest itself when
using schemachecking=on for replication between the masters as well as
between the masters and the slaves. Default in 2.4.9 is
schemachecking=off, and that simply does not work well at all. I don't
know what's the default in later versions.

So, after a few LDIF exports of the broken objects, and then importing
them in again, the directory seems to be in good shape.

Kind regards

Christian Haugan Toldnes
Overingeniør, Plattform
IT-avdelingen, NTNU