Re: syncrepl inseard of back-perl ?

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 5:43 PM, Dieter Kluenter <dieter@dkluenter.de> wrote:
> SATOH Fumiyasu <fumiyas@osstech.jp> writes:
>
>> At Mon, 28 Sep 2009 01:39:32 +1000,
>> Brett @Google wrote:
> [...]
>> I'm writing a syncrepl consumer Perl script to implement an LDAP->NIS
>> gateway (WIP):
>>
>>   http://www.osstech.co.jp/download/fumiyas/ldap2nssfiles.pl
>>
>> But I don't know this script (and Net::LDAP) has correct
>> syncrepl consumer implementation or not because I'm a newbie of
>> syncrepl implementation...
>
> I have just written a working simple perl prototype:
> http://pastebin.de/276

Thank you both very much for your suggestions.

This would seem reasonable complexity wise, but i was wondering, is
there any way to skip the refresh phase, other in just ignoring the
objects, waiting for the persist stage ?

Sometimes you only care about new information. But i guess if your
state cookie is stored persistently, then provided the database is not
reloaded, you should only have a short refresh phase, say the next
day, if you wait through the first long refresh time ?

For this purpose, i presume the rid=xx value only indicates a unique
consumer of updates ?

So as long as you connect again using the same rid, the sync state
will be preserved ?

Cheers
Brett