Re: Proxy from Active Directory to OpenLdap

On 09/21/2009 06:10 AM, Giacomo Calisse wrote:
Hello to everybody,

I need an help...

I have an Antivirus Server (Appliance) that performs requests to Active
Directory.
I don't have installed Active Directory but I have installed Open Ldap 2.3, so
I have to convert the request from Active Directory format to Open Ldap
format. In other words I have to create a Proxy.

E.g. The structure where to take the data has this form:

# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base<dc=unina,dc=it>  with scope subtree
# filter: uid=rciotola
# requesting: ALL
#

# xxxx yyyy (xxxx.yyyy@unina.it), CSI - CENTRO DI ATENEO PER I SERVIZI
   INFORMATIVI (295550), ALTRA STRUTTURA (100000), PersonaleT.A., istituzionali
   , unina.it
dn: cn=xxxy yyyy (xxxx.yyyy@unina.it),ou=CSI - CENTRO DI ATENEO PER I SE
   RVIZI INFORMATIVI (295550),ou=ALTRA STRUTTURA
(100000),ou=PersonaleT.A.,ou=is
   tituzionali,dc=unina,dc=it
businessCategory: N
employeeType: PersonaleTA
mailLocalAddress: xxxx.yyyy@unina.it
givenName: xxxx
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: inetLocalMailRecipient
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: shadowAccount
mailRoutingAddress: xxxx.yyyy@unina.it
ou:: Y2lvdG9sYSByYWZmYWVsZSAocmNpb3RvbGFAdW5pbmEuaXQpIA==
departmentNumber: CODICEFISCALE
uid: xxxx.yyyy
mail: xxxx.yyyy@unina.it
mail: matzzzzz@unina.it
mail: otheralias@unina.it
mail: otheralias2@unina.it
uidNumber: nnnnn
cn:: Y2lvdG9sYSByYWZmYWVsZSAocmNpb3RvbGFAdW5pbmEuaXQpIA==
physicalDeliveryOfficeName: 295550
physicalDeliveryOfficeName: CSI - CENTRO DI ATENEO PER I SERVIZI INFORMATIVI
loginShell: /bin/false
gidNumber: 100
employeeNumber: zzzzzz
homeDirectory: /home/xxxx.yyyy
sn: yyyy
title: Personale tecnico amm.vo

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2
# numEntries: 1

These data should be tranformed in Active Directory format and should have the
fields sAMAccountName, mail, group and ProxyAddresses; both that concerns data
and authentication.

I hope that you can help me...

Hi,

This isn't really a proxy, since a proxy would be forwarding LDAP requests to another LDAP server - which you don't have, IIUC.

I think you just want to present data in a format that "looks like" AD data. For this, you should look into attribute and objectclass mapping. Checkout man slapo-rwm, and see if you can write some mapping rules.

Regards,
Jonathan