OpenLDAP Virtual File System

Hi,

I want to create a virtual file system where metadata is stored in an LDAP repository. Metadata includes owner, mod-time, create-time, access-control-lists, pysical file path, and, of course, LDAP's hierarchy instead of a file-system directory base.

Files are to be stored on physical medium and (preferably pyton) code used to bridge the request (over https),  the metadata, and the physical file stream.

Users and Keys are also stored in the LDAP directory.

Is this a bad use for LDAP?

I'm also looking for an LDAP guru to consult for this particular project.

JR