Re: How to detect a corrupt database?

--On August 5, 2009 3:44:52 PM +0100 Buchan Milne <bgmilne@staff.telkomsa.net> wrote:

On Wednesday, 5 August 2009 12:40:31 Jordi Espasa Clofent wrote:
> If your disks are working and haven't run out of space, database
> corruption pretty much never happens. You probably should describe the
> situation that leads you to believe there was a corruption. You should
> also list the versions of software in use.

I've three OpenLDAP (one provider, two consumers) as central account
server (implementing also sudo overlay).

xen-ldap01:/# dpkg -l | grep slapd && uname -a && cat /etc/debian_version
ii  slapd                            2.4.11-1                OpenLDAP
server (slapd)
Linux xen-ldap01 2.6.18-6-xen-amd64 #1 SMP Wed Oct 15 11:49:51 UTC 2008
x86_64 GNU/Linux
5.0

Is BDB supposed to work under Debian Xen ?

It can, depending on the flags used to build it. Since we don't know how BDB was built for this system, it's definitely a fair question.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc