Re: Multi master topology.

----- "Alejandro Leyva" <alex.leyva@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> We are implementing a solution with multi master LDAP, we have 11
> instances at different locations, and maybe we will grow to 21 or 31
> instances before the end of the year, expecting to hold something
> like
> 200,000 or 300,000 user entries. What topology would be the best?
> Right now each server synch to all the other servers, is it possible
> to configure each server to synch only to a central LDAP? is it
> convenient?

Then that is not Multi-Master, but normal Provider/Consumer replication.

Depending on your client requirements for writing, you may be better served
using MirrorMode and numerous consumers/slaves with the chaining overlay to push writes
back to the master. This would be simpler for monitoring write propagation.

See the diagram here http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html#MirrorMode

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.
Managing Director.

T +44 (0) 1224 279484
M +44 (0) 7930 323266
F +44 (0) 1224 824887
E ghenry@suretecsystems.com

Open Source. Open Solutions(tm).

http://www.suretecsystems.com/

Suretec Systems is a limited company registered in Scotland. Registered
number: SC258005. Registered office: 13 Whiteley Well Place, Inverurie,
Aberdeenshire, AB51 4FP.

Subject to disclaimer at http://www.suretecgroup.com/disclaimer.html