RE: bindmethod and credentials in slurpd replication.

Thanks Mike and Zdenek,

I fought with the server team all the way up in the hierarchy.
Unfortunately, we are subcontractors providing them a solution. I wish I can
make them understand the reality. I think redhat stopped at 2.2 for RHEL4
and they are providing 2.3 for RHEL5.

So the bottom line is that any ldap client should provide clear text
passwords. Be it in config file or command line.

Thanks for the clarification guys. I really appreciate it.

-To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To
try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard
in life is to risk nothing.

Thanks,

-Sai