Re: Solaris LDAP Mapping

Matthew.GARRETT@external.total.com wrote:
> Folks
>
> I hope this is the right list for this.
>
> I am trying to get our Solaris Machine use LDAP for automounts.
> Under Solaris the file I would normally change is
> /var/ldap/ldap_client_file for Solaris using Ldap Version 2.0
>
> But I am not 100% sure what I need to get LDAP automount to work.
>
> The OpenLdap Server has the following entries
>
> dn: ou=auto.apps,dc=unix,dc=total
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: automountMap
> ou: auto.apps
>
> A typical Map entry is
> dn: cn=acrobat,ou=auto.apps,dc=unix,dc=total
> objectClass: automount
> cn: acrobat
> automountInformation: uk-abz-vgl:/apps/acrobat
>
> Can anybody suggest suitable entries for the above ?

What do the Solaris docs say about this? What are they looking for?

That's the best place to start if you haven't already resolved this
issue already.

Thanks.

- --
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.
Managing Director.

T +44 (0) 1224 279484
M +44 (0) 7930 323266
F +44 (0) 1224 824887
E ghenry@suretecsystems.com

Open Source. Open Solutions(tm).

http://www.suretecsystems.com/

Suretec Systems is a limited company registered in Scotland. Registered
number: SC258005. Registered office: 13 Whiteley Well Place, Inverurie,
Aberdeenshire, AB51 4FP.