Re: Newbie question about ldif

Terry Gardner wrote:
> The objectClass (which is an attribute in and of itself) defines what
> "must" or "could" be used in an entry. Choose the collection of
> objectClass attribute for each type of data needed, for example:
>
> dn: cn=bakshi,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: inetOrgPerson
> cn: bakshi
> sn: bakshi
> userPassword: a_password

Thanks a lot for your response. It seems that we can use more than one
object class. Though interested to know the objectclass:top.  Shall I
need to do any modification to slapd.conf  ( beside base DN and
Administrative user/Password ) to work with ldap ?  I have followed this
sample ldif ( from net ) but phpldapadmin does not show me the entries

`````````````````````````````````````````````
dn: dc=ceu,dc=hu
objectclass: dcObject
objectclass: organization
o: CEENET Workshop 2001

dn: ou=people,dc=ceu,dc=hu
objectclass: organizationalUnit
ou: people

dn: uid=scarter,ou=people,dc=ceu,dc=hu
cn: Sam Carter
sn: Carter
givenname: Sam
objectclass: top
objectclass: person
objectclass: organizationalPerson
objectclass: inetOrgPerson
ou: Accounting
ou: People
l: Sunnyvale
uid: scarter
mail: scarter@tutorial.hu
telephonenumber: +1 408 555 4798
facsimiletelephonenumber: +1 408 555 9751
roomnumber: 4612
userpassword: sprain