2.4.16 performance issues

Hello Guys,

Last week we upgraded our openldap server from version 2.3.30-5 (debian lenny package) to 2.4.16 (compilation).

There wasn't any big changes on config files (slapd.conf and DB_CONFIG).

Our server is heavily used (samba + webservices + web applications) in a total of 15 millions operations per day.

After the upgrade the new openldap server presented some strange behavior.

The ports (389 and 636) sometimes were in a filtered state, denying any new connections and the load of the server was incredibly high.

No index or memory problem was detected.

My suspecion is about debian etch and its packages version (berkley db, gcc).

Any tips ?

Best regards,
João Alfredo