Host and group of users authentication

Hello,
I am trying to make group of users to log on to a particular server depending on LDAP credentials.
Telnet , ssh work just fine to the host with out any issues. Once I make changes to the ldap.conf file on the client to use the

base dc=test,dc=org
uri ldap://1.1.1.1
pam_groupdn              cn=ldap,ou=hosts,dc=test,dc=org

pam_member_attribute       member

The server is Debian Openldap and the client is Centos 5.*

I get

You must be a memeber of cn=ldap,ou=hosts,dc=test,dc=org to login

And here are the ldif files I used to create the entries.

users.ldif

dn: cn=Test1 User1,ou=people,dc=test,dc=org
givenName: Test1
sn: User1
cn: Test1 User1
userPassword: {MD5}ICy5YqxZB1uWSwcVLSNLcA==
uidNumber: 1001
gidNumber: 1000
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: top
uid: test1
homeDirectory: /home/users/test1

dn: cn=Test2 User2,ou=people,dc=test,dc=org
givenName: Test2
sn: User2
cn: Test2 User2
userPassword: {MD5}ICy5YqxZB1uWSwcVLSNLcA==
uidNumber: 1002
gidNumber: 1000
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: top
uid: test2
homeDirectory: /home/users/test2

Hosts.ldif
dn: cn=ldap,ou=hosts,dc=test,dc=org
objectclass: ipHost
objectclass: device
objectclass: extensibleObject
ipHostnumber: 1.1.1.2
cn: ldap
member: uid=test1,ou=people,dc=test,dc=org
member: uid=test2,ou=people,dc=test,dc=org