Re: just curious

--On Wednesday, April 22, 2009 7:17 AM -0400 William Jojo <w.jojo@hvcc.edu> wrote:

What is the minimum level of BDB required to support OpenLDAP > 2.4.11?

As you know, the change log for 2.4.12 says it added support for BDB
4.7.x and removed pre-BDB 4.4 which is very helpful. Should this be read
as >= 4.4 is acceptable? Looking through the docs, changes and FAQomatic,
I cannot find a definitive list  of acceptable/required levels (which
could include, OpenSSL, GnuTLS, SASL, etc). I was wondering if that list
is somewhere I simply can't find. :-)

I'm running BDB 4.6.x with 2.4 and it seems fine for the tests I've done.

I'd be happy to contribute to the docs as I am sure the OpenLDAP team is
swamped with other work. :-)

Hi Bill,

Did you read the README file shipped with OpenLDAP? I believe it addresses your questions.

REQUIRED SOFTWARE
   Building OpenLDAP Software requires a number of software packages
   to be preinstalled.  Additional information regarding prerequisite
   software can be found in the OpenLDAP Administrator's Guide.

   Base system (libraries and tools):
       Standard C compiler (required)
       Cyrus SASL 2.1.21+ (recommended)
       OpenSSL 0.9.7+ (recommended)
       Reentrant POSIX REGEX software (required)

   SLAPD:
       BDB and HDB backends require Oracle Berkeley DB 4.4, 4.5,
       4.6, or 4.7.  It is highly recommended to apply the patches
       from Oracle for a given release.

   CLIENTS/CONTRIB ware:
       Depends on package.  See per package README.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc