Issues when changing LDAP password

Hi there,

I'm running an LDAP server version 2.3.39 and I'm using ppolicy to force users in some specific things, but I'm having some issue when I try to change my user's password with passwd command.

Here's the output screen

[user1@cliserv ~]$ ssh ldapclisrv
user1@ldapclisrv's password:
Your LDAP password will expire in 10 days.
Last login: Wed Mar  4 17:42:18 2009 from cliserv
[user1@ldapclisrv ~]$
[user1@ldapclisrv ~]$
[user1@ldapclisrv ~]$ passwd
Changing password for user user1.
Enter login(LDAP) password:
New UNIX password:
Retype new UNIX password:
LDAP password information update failed: Can't contact LDAP server
Must supply old password to be changed as well as new one
passwd: Permission denied
[user1@ldapclisrv ~]$

As you can see, I can login using LDAP ID, and I can change user1 password if I use ldappasswd, entering all ldap information, but I would like to make it simpler.

Does anybody has any idea ?

--
Gustavo Mendes de Carvalho
e-mail: gmcarvalho@gmail.com