ldap_search_s hangs with ms active directory

Hi,

    I have written a C ldap client to interact with a MS Active Directory in Win Server 2003.

When I search for the base DNs from scope LDAP_SCOPE_BASE I get all the results perfectly.But when I try to search for an existing user anonymously( I set all the permissions in the ACLS ) it hangs indefinitely.

Now, surprisingly when I search with the ldapsearch tool it works fine.

I use  this :

attrs[0]=LDAP_ALL_USER_ATTRIBUTES;
attrs[1]=NULL;
attrsonly=0;

ldap_search_s(ld,"dc=test,dc=com",LDAP_SCOPE_SUBTREE,"uid=test",NULL,0,&msg)

After a long period when it returns, I get return code 0 (Success) but there is no entry in that.

Can anyone help me? This works fine with slapd server 2.4.12.I am totally confused.

Thanks,

Sankhadip