Re: OpenLDAP as a 'generic' hierarchical data store

On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 19:44 +0000, Andrew Findlay wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 04:46:32PM +0100, Lorenzo Pastrana wrote:
>
> > > - you can't perform LDAP modify operations on multiple operations with
> > > multiple operation types (e.g. combinations of add, replace, delete);
> > > this is crucial for atomic modifications
> >
> > I've been reading much more lately so I can weight this answer correctly
> > now ... :(
>
> Rember that Pierangelo was referring to specific limitations of the
> PHP interface to LDAP, not the LDAP protocol itself.

Yep and that's my specific problem here ... I perfectly understood how this is done thru LDAP protocol but, my app is still stuck in PHP land :(

So, what I understood is PHP guys never built a multi-user writable DIT, so that they never faced the necessity of an atomic increment or flag setter.

That's a pity ...

Lo.

Lorenzo Pastrana - Happy End Vision
Web Shop