Incorrect snippet in delta-syncrepl example in admin guide?

Hi.

I used the Delta-syncrepl configuration example from the admin guide
(http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html#Delta-syncrepl) to
create configuration files for a basic 1 Master, 1 Slave configuration.
With a populated & functional master, i started the slave and hit this
error...

slap_client_connect: URI=ldap://9.57.13.249:389
DN="cn=user.replicator,ou=people
,dc=exampleb,dc=com" ldap_sasl_bind_s failed (49)+

(The replicator DN couldn't bind.)  In fact, i couldn't execute a basic
ldapsearch while binding as the replicator DN... kept getting "ldap_bind:
Invalid credentials (49)".

Long story short, the fix was to comment out the following ACL statements
in the master config file ... i could then bind as the replicator DN and
delta-syncrepl worked...

# Give the replica DN unlimited read access.
access to *
        by dn.base="cn=user.replicator,ou=People,dc=exampleb,dc=com" read
        by * break

I might be missing something...  but based on my results, it seems like
those ACL statements aren't needed and actually prevented me from
delta-syncrepl'ing successfully.  Wanted to pass along this info incase i'm
actually on to something... so you can fix the documentation if need be.

Thanks!

Master slapd.conf
include		/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include		/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include		/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema

pidfile	/usr/local/var/run/slapd.pid
argsfile	/usr/local/var/run/slapd.args

# Give the replica DN unlimited read access.
#access to *
#        by dn.base="cn=user.replicator,ou=People,dc=exampleb,dc=com" read
#        by * break

# Accesslog database definitions
database hdb
suffix cn=accesslog
directory /usr/local/var/openldap-data/db/accesslog
rootdn cn=accesslog
index default eq
index entryCSN,objectClass,reqEnd,reqResult,reqStart

overlay syncprov
syncprov-nopresent TRUE
syncprov-reloadhint TRUE

# Let the replica DN have limitless searches
limits dn.exact="cn=user.replicator,ou=People,dc=exampleb,dc=com"
time.soft=unlimited time.hard=unlimited size.soft=unlimited
size.hard=unlimited

database    hdb
suffix      "dc=exampleb,dc=com"
rootdn      "cn=kingb,dc=exampleb,dc=com"
rootpw      pappie
directory	/usr/local/var/openldap-data
index objectclass,entryCSN,entryUUID eq

overlay syncprov
syncprov-checkpoint 1000 60

# accesslog overlay definitions for primary db
overlay accesslog
logdb cn=accesslog
logops writes
logsuccess TRUE
# scan the accesslog DB every day, and purge entries older than 7 days
logpurge 07+00:00 01+00:00

# Let the replica DN have limitless searches
limits dn.exact="cn=user.replicator,ou=People,dc=exampleb,dc=com"
time.soft=unlimited time.hard=unlimited size.soft=unlimited
size.hard=unlimited

Slave slapd.conf
include		/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include		/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include		/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema

pidfile	/usr/local/var/run/slapd.pid
argsfile	/usr/local/var/run/slapd.args

database    hdb
suffix      "dc=exampleb,dc=com"
rootdn      "cn=kingb,dc=exampleb,dc=com"
rootpw      pappie
directory	/usr/local/var/openldap-data
index entryUUID eq

# syncrepl directives
syncrepl rid=0
       provider=ldap://(my_ip_address):389
       bindmethod=simple
       binddn="cn=user.replicator,ou=People,dc=exampleb,dc=com"
       credentials=metsrbad
       searchbase="dc=exampleb,dc=com"
       logbase="cn=accesslog"
       logfilter="(&(objectClass=auditWriteObject)(reqResult=0))"
       schemachecking=on
       type=refreshAndPersist
       retry="60 +"
       syncdata=accesslog

# Refer updates to the master
updateref     ldap://(my_ip_address):389