Re: Shared Addressbook using LDAP

--- Tarak Ranjan <contacttrm@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> > Message: 3
> > Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 09:49:53 +0200
> > From: "Dieter Kluenter" <dieter@dkluenter.de>
> > Subject: Re: Shared Addressbook using LDAP
> > To: openldap-technical@openldap.org
> >
> > Tarak Ranjan <contacttrm@yahoo.co.in> writes:
> >
> > > Hi List,
> > >  I am configuring a shared addressbook for
> > > squirrelmail.
> > > but the problem is it's showing the only single
> > email
> > > address of the user, using that email id i'm
> login
> > > into the webmail.
> > >
> > > here is my slapd.conf.
> > >
> > > include         /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
> > > include
> /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
> > > include
> > > /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
> > > allow bind_v2
> > > pidfile         /var/run/openldap/slapd.pid
> > > argsfile        /var/run/openldap/slapd.args
> > > loglevel        256
> > > access to *
> > >         by self write
> > >         by anonymous auth
> > >         by users read
> > > access to

dn.children="ou=addressbook,dc=mail,dc=example,dc=com"
> > > by self write
> > > by anonymous read
> > > by users read
> > [...]
> >
> > I presume that the access rules for
> > dn.children=ou=addressbook.. are
> > not taken by cut and paste from your slapd.conf
> > file, otherwise this
> > rules are not honored, as the rules have to be
> > written in a folded line.
> > With regard to your question, change the rule
> > dn.children=ou=addressbook... to
> > dn.subtree=ou=addressbook..
> > If you want to protect the base entry
> > ou=addressbook, define something
> > like
> > access to
> >        dn.base=ou=addressbook...
> > attrs=entry,children by ...
> > access to dn.children=ou=addressbook... by...
> >
> === message truncated ===
>
> Hi List,
> after changing the dn.children=ou=addressbook... to
> dn.subtree=ou=addressbook.. , i'm getting the same
> result.
>
> Only single address i'm getting, using the ID i'm
> logging in .
>
> /\
> Tarak

please submit an example of your searchstring.

-Dieter

--
Dieter KlÃnter | Systemberatung
http://www.dpunkt.de/buecher/2104.html

Hi List,

[root@mail ~]# ldapsearch -x -b
'ou=addressbook,dc=mail,dc=example,dc=com'
'(objectclass=*)'
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <ou=addressbook,dc=mail,dc=example,dc=com> with
scope subtree
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: ALL
#

# addressbook, mail.example.com
dn: ou=addressbook,dc=mail,dc=example,dc=com
ou: addressbook
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit

# Tarak, addressbook, mail.example.com
dn: cn=Tarak,ou=addressbook,dc=mail,dc=example,dc=com
cn: Tarak
givenName: Tarak Ranjan
sn: Mukherjee
mail: tarak.ranjan@example.com
objectClass: top
objectClass: inetOrgPerson

# Amit, addressbook, mail.example.com
dn: cn=Amit,ou=addressbook,dc=mail,dc=example,dc=com
cn: Amit
givenName: Amit
sn: Sharda
mail: amit@example.com
objectClass: top
objectClass: inetOrgPerson

# Anand, addressbook, mail.example.com
dn: cn=Anand,ou=addressbook,dc=mail,dc=example,dc=com
cn: Anand
givenName: Anand
sn: Adkoli
mail: anand@example.com