slapd stops accepting connections - OpenSolaris

Hello.

I am running OpenLDAP 2.4.11 on OpenSolaris snv_91 on a Sun X2200.
After a few minutes, the box stops accepting connections on port 389,
even though the slapd process is still running, and the machine still
shows itself listening on port 389.

I am attaching my slapd.conf, ldap.conf, and DB_CONFIG files.

I had the same behaviour with the Blastwave package which was version
2.3.39, so I figured "OK Let me upgrade to 2.4.11" but same behaviour.

I have roughly 800 OpenSolaris clients that need to connect to the box,
and I currently see roughly 300 established connections to the server
on port 389.

Thanks,
Josh
#
# LDAP Defaults
#

# See ldap.conf(5) for details
# This file should be world readable but not world writable.

#BASE	dc=example, dc=com
#URI	ldap://ldap.example.com ldap://ldap-master.example.com:666
HOST 127.0.0.1

BASE dc=example,dc=net

#SIZELIMIT	12
#TIMELIMIT	15
#DEREF		never
include		/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include		/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include		/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include		/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
pidfile		/var/run/slapd.pid
argsfile	/var/run/slapd.args
loglevel 0
database	bdb
suffix		"dc=example,dc=net"
rootdn		"cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=net"
rootpw		{SSHA}something
directory	/usr/local/var/openldap-data
index	objectClass,uid,uidNumber,gidNumber,memberUid	eq
index	cn,mail,surname,givenname	eq,subinitial
# $OpenLDAP: pkg/ldap/servers/slapd/DB_CONFIG,v 1.1.2.3 2006/08/17 17:36:19 kurt Exp $
# Example DB_CONFIG file for use with slapd(8) BDB/HDB databases.
#
# See Sleepycat Berkeley DB documentation
#   <http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/ref/env/db_config.html>
# for detail description of DB_CONFIG syntax and semantics.
#
# Hints can also be found in the OpenLDAP Software FAQ
#	<http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=2>
# in particular:
#   <http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=1075>

# Note: most DB_CONFIG settings will take effect only upon rebuilding
# the DB environment.

# one 0.25 GB cache
set_cachesize 0 268435456 1

# Data Directory
#set_data_dir db

# Transaction Log settings
set_lg_regionmax 262144
set_lg_bsize 2097152
set_lg_dir logs

# Note: special DB_CONFIG flags are no longer needed for "quick"
# slapadd(8) or slapindex(8) access (see their -q option).